And just like that, it’s a wrap for 2021. My mind can’t wrap around the fact how fast this year went by so fast. I remember just like it was yesterday we couldn’t wait for 2021 to arrive, especially after being on lockdown during the pandemic we faced last year. I know one thing for sure, most of us can agree that this year was a lot better. Not necessarily 100% but it was worth the journey.
I can honestly say that this year was a little better for me than last year. If you have the time, definitely read my 2020 reflection. It was a very dark time in my life that I wanted to personally share with you all. On a happier note, when it came down to the fashion, 2021 was indeed the year! This year I was able to share more of my style throughout the blog and on social media platforms. One particular platform you can instantly check out my lookbook is on Instagram @shakiastylediary If you love fashion, beauty and a little mix of travel, definitely check me out on there if you’re looking for a little inspiration. Feel free to also give your girl a follow too.
How was this year for you? Was it great or not so great? Let me know in the comments below because I’m very curious. Hopefully, it turned out a much better year for you. If I had to summarize 2021, I would say it was a great for opportunities. So many doors have opened up for me that I’ve never wouldn’t have even imagined. At the same time, I was more humble and focussed enjoying the ride.
Just a few highlights on several things that happened…
- Blogging became my number one priority. I started my blog journey back in summer of 2016 and enjoyed every minute of it without even thinking about monetizing. This year I was able to increase my blog traffic as I’ve became more consistent while putting my heart and soul into writing great content for you guys. Blessings turned into positive results as I was able to make my passion my paycheck.
- Released my first independent digital magazine. I finally was able to release my first independent digital publication called Klose, which highlights fashion on an up-close and personal level. Klose Magazine became very successful with 2 million reads worldwide. Creating my own fashion magazine was something I’ve always dreamed of and I’m so happy that I was able to accomplished that and show the world my creativity and love for fashion.
- Connecting with my supportive tribe. Social media these days especially Instagram, have become the new digital blog. Honestly I started feeling like having an actual blog website was becoming the thing of the past. Until I’ve met a group of international style bloggers in the same niche as me that still have traditional blogs. I have became such great friends with them and we indeed support each other all the time. I’m so grateful for finding this tribe.
What lessons have I’ve learned in 2021…
- A positive mindset is everything. Let’s face it! We live in a world where we are always surrounded by negativity, whether it’s from the media or people we may associate with. I’ve learned to always start my day with a positive mindset such as giving myself uplifting encouragement or simply just dancing! You should definitely try out this technique because once you train your mindset, it changes your whole perspective.
- I’ve learned how to invest my coins. In addition to saving, I’ve been doing a lot of research and this started back last year when we were all in quarantine and had no choice but to keep ourselves busy. One of the main goals for myself was to learn how to invest my money smartly and I’m happy to say that I have mastered it. I have shares in a few stocks that I can’t mention, but so far so good! I can honestly say that I’ve graduated from being that shopaholic to an investor.
- The importance of time management. If there is one thing I took away from 2021, it was the importance of time management. With content creating (Such as the photography, video, social media managing, etc.), blogging and editing for the magazine, I definitely had to discipline myself how to plan my time ahead. I’ve learned the value of working smarter not harder in order to get more done in less time.
What I look forward to in 2022…
- Hopefully this Covid will end. We can only wish right? I feel like we have been dealing with this situation too long. I just want to live life again like we use to without a wearing mask, attending fun events and just building memories. It’s kind of hard when everything is under restrictions due to safety precautions which is totally understandable.
- Releasing the second issue of Klose Magazine. When I first released Klose, I didn’t have a team and was doing everything myself. From the articles to the interviews on top of writing for the blog, it was honestly a lot. I can proudly say that I’m working with a great team of a few people that happen to be super talented friends of mine to help release the second issue by the spring/summer.
- Continue educating myself. I’m the kind of person that enjoys learning and educating myself as much as I can. You’re never ever too young or old to teach yourself anything. I look forward to continue to feed my soul with the knowledge that is out there.
I would love to know how was your 2021 and what are you looking forward to in 2022? Feel free to comment below your thoughts. I also want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your support throughout the entire year and even in prior years as well. It really means so much to me and I just want to say thank you again and I love you guys so much!
I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year! Please keep in mind that we are still facing the pandemic as cases for Covid continue to soar so please be safe and sanitary. I will see you in 2022 where fun continues nonstop!
SHOP MY OUTFIT IN THE POST
Photography by Ashley D’nearah