So who doesn’t love wearing jewelry? Wearing the right kind of jewelry can make all the difference in your outfits making it more sophisticated and and trendy.
You have no idea how many times I have seen too many people wearing jewelry all wrong. What do I mean by wearing it all wrong? For instance, I have always worked in an office setting for quite a while and have seen many people wearing too much jewelry or not the right mix of jewelry. Jewelry at the work place should be understated. I’m not saying don’t be afraid to show off your personal style at work as it can add some sparkle bling and fun to a professional environment setting, but at the same time, don’t become a walking jewelry box either.
Let me teach you the right and wrong way to wear your jewelry…
The right way to wear jewelry:
- Do dress up denim with jewelry. Believe it or not, some people are afraid to add some jewelry when rocking denim. I have no idea why this is, but jewelry always looks great with denim absolutely!
- Do mix pearls with metals. Trust me, it will look very chic with your outfits. I do this all the time.
- Get creative with your jewelry and wear it on your bag, around your waste or maybe even your watch.
- Feel free to add two chokers at once.
- Go for the Coco Chanel look and pile on several chains together with an outfit.
The incorrect way to wear jewelry:
- Don’t wear big dangle jewelry at work, especially if you work in an office setting like I do. Keep it simple!
- Don’t wear big gigantic earrings and a big necklace to work.
- Don’t wear white jewelry with white clothing. It just doesn’t look right.
- Wearing a lot of sparkles and crystals during the daytime. Save it for the evening into the nighttime hours.
- Don’t wear pearls if you have perfume all over because the perfume oil will eat away at the coating in the pearls.