There’s no secret that I absolutely love fashion! If I had a dollar for every time people are so surprised when I tell them where I buy my outfit pieces from, I’d be rich. Most people can’t believe I get some of my outfit pieces from stores like Zara or H&M because when I wear it, it looks like it came off the runway from Fashion Week. I’ve always believed that fashion should be creative while have fun with it. The majority of my fashion inspiration comes from sources such as online magazines, lookbooks and blogs.
Sometimes I also tend to get my inspiration from print fashion magazines, which has helped me to create myself a vision board. If you’re unfamiliar with a vision board, it’s a board that you add thing on it that mainly inspires you. It doesn’t have to be pages from a magazine, but it can be from a photo that you love of yourself in your best outfit, a piece of fabric or anything. Vision boards have tend to help me with developing my own style over time.
Sometimes finding fashion inspiration is a bit overwhelming because there is so much out here that you have no idea where to start. I’ve been down that road before so today I wanted to share with you guys where I find my online fashion inspiration.
- Online Magazines. If you’re on the go or you simply prefer to go digital, online magazines is a great resource. These e-zines include various articles, interviews and outfit fashion shoots for your inspiration.
- Fashion Blogs. There’s nothing like blogs from fashion & style bloggers from all over providing outfit inspiration 24/7. There is a lot of them out there based on your preference.
- Instagram. I love checking out Instagram for fashion inspiration. If you’re looking for let’s say floral dress inspiration, just simply use the hashtag #FloralDresses and scroll for hours.
- Lookbooks. Usually when I see something on a website like Shopbop or H&M and not sure how to wear it, I find myself venturing off to check out their lookbook. Lookbooks are such a great resource to turn to whenever you get style ideas. The great thing about them are they get updated multiple times a month for fresh style ideas.
- Pinterest. This virtual bulletin board is my happy place I turn to get style inspiration and ideas all year round, especially around Fashion Week.
- Who What Wear. One of the best places to check out for trending fashion, evaluates runway collections and shopping guides.
- Street Style. Even though we are currently social distancing, you can still check out street style virtually on YouTube. In the search box, just type in “Street Style Fashion” or you can play around with it a little and type a specific city you’re searching for such as “New York City Street Style Fashion.”
There you have it! These are some great resources to check out if you need a little style inspiration. As always, I would love to hear your thoughts and any additional questions you may have. Feel free to just drop them down below in the comments.